Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Indian Paintbrush- Texas wildflower card

Happy Tuesday everyone!
Today's post is about color. Not so much content, as the color you are feeling.

This "Thinking of You" card started out in my mind when I came across this Indian paintbrush stamp in my stash. The flower isn't blooming this time of the year, but I knew I wanted something bold and bright to stand out on the front of this card.

The Indian paintbrush flower is one of Texas' wildflowers that grows and blooms in the spring here in Texas. The flower itself comes in all different shades of red, and depending on how much rain or sun or heat it is growing in, deepens the red bracts of the flower.  I stamped the flower stamp; one of Joyce Meyer's Texas wildflower stamps; on white stock with black Memento Ink, and then colored it in with my copic markers.  I then picked out a solid red shimmery A2 base card to put it on. I went through my stash of scraps trimmed from other projects that I keep, and found some strips of border print from a scrapbook page I made several years ago. The red and gold color of the strips blended well with my background card, so I paper pieced the strips down in a pleasing design, and then using foam tape, adhered the flower panel. Luckily, there was a space left to the right of my flower, where I could stamp my greeting.

 So there you have it, an easy card put together using up some scraps that were lying around, to make a wonderful card to send to a friend who you are "thinking of ".  I wish you all a wonderful, creative week and until next time, "stamp your heart out!"  Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment