Wednesday, July 4, 2012

July 2012- Artist Trading Cards














Here are MY two ATC's for this months trade at Stamp Antonio Arts. The themes for the July Trade were Water,and Cupcakes. My water, was a blue holographic background paper from Paper Wishes with the Mermaid stamp and waves and bubbles from the Mermaid Clear Set from Paper Wings Productions Stamps. The Mermaid was colored with copic markers, cut out, and adhered with pop dots to give depth and texture.

My cupcake card was celebrating Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee. The background was my version of the British flag done in watercolor pencils on watercolor paper. Then using the Cupcake Clear Stamp Set from Paper Wings Productions and the London Clear Stamp Set, I stamped out the large cupcake, colored, glittered and dimensionalized it along with the phrase "Hey there cupcake!"  The silhouette of the queen, along with the phrase "things would be different if I were Queen" came from the London set. I tried to layer emboss the silhouette, but most of it ran together and didn't give me a clean edge. I need to practice my embossing more, before I feel comfortable in doing it on a trade card again.

No comments:

Post a Comment