Friday, July 20, 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FLOWER CHILD

Hello Everyone!

I have two more cards to make for my birthday's in July. This card was very simple, yet elegant.  I first glued a piece of watercolor paper with one torn and chalked edge on the front of my card base. I then tied a piece of gold thin ribbon through the card and anchored a small bow on the front.  I stamped the "Girl with floral bouquet" from Magenta Stamps on a piece of card stock and colored her with my copic markers. Then I fussy cut the girl out, and used pop-up squares of foam tape to give the card dimension.  To finish, I stamped "happy birthday" with a Club Scrap stamp, and outlined the image with a Spica glitter pen.

The second card I made today, started with a pre-embossed kraft colored base card. I inked over the card with a Candied Yam colored Chalk Ink pad, and then used a baby wipe to remove the ink from the raised embossed design.  I then inked a tag I had decorated previously with the Candied Yam ink pad and adhered it to the front of the card. I tied a small bow from bright pink ribbon and glued it to the top of the tag where the hole is, and then adhered the lady in the lace dress to the left side of the card. The lady in the lace dress is from an Impression Obsession stamp called Intermission.  There are several ladies in the stamp, but sometimes when I color in stamps, I don't care for parts of my coloring.  I just cut out the parts I do like and throw the rest away. I have an envelope book that I made that I keep these images in, to add to a card that needs just a little something more. (I will show how to make one of these envelope books in a future post.) 

I believe I also described the tag in more detail in a previous post, "Tags-to-Go!"  I hope these cards have given you some ideas of cards you can make when you need one in a hurry. The weekend is right around the corner, so have a good one, and maybe be creative, you will feel so much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment