Friday, June 22, 2012

Springtime in Paris

Happy Summer friends,
I have been coloring with my Copic markers again this week. I found this beautiful stamp called "Intermission" by B Line Designs in my stash, so I went to work with my markers.These very fashionable women look as if they may be on vacation in Paris, maybe attending the theater one hot spring or summer evening.Their beautiful lacey dresses and capelets keeping them cool and comfortable in the warm evening temperatures. This stamp is rather large and took up almost the entire front of the A2 card. I punched out an oval from cardstock and stamped "Paris", "oh la la"  and "merci beaucoup" to attach with foam dots, and added two crystals to the front of the card for depth.  I also used the Spica glitter pens from Copic to accent the dresses, belts, and jewelry of the ladies to give the card a little twinkle. All in all it made a pretty nice card, don't you think?

I love to dig through my trays of wood mounted stamps and find a stamp I haven't used in a while. Take it  and stamp it out several times, and then play with markers, colored pencils, embossing powders, glitters, and all different kinds of inks and embellishments.  Then when I finally find something that strikes my fancy, I mount it on a card base and it is ready to be mailed out to a friend or family member.  That is what I find so enjoyable about making handmade cards.  You can be as creative and artistic as you want, and still make something special for those you love. Won't you give it a try today? See you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment