Monday, July 13, 2015

Picnic Today



It's summer time, and a great day for a picnic. Our challenge this week on the blog is #93 Summer Picnic Color, featuring the colors of kraft, red, and white.  When I heard the theme was picnic, I knew immediately the stamp I wanted to use. Mindy with you today, sharing my Picnic themed card.


I ordered the Gazebo Try-fold card by Art Impressions last year, and have only used it a few times. Although it can be used for weddings, anniversaries, and birthdays, I thought it would be great promoting a summer picnic.  The instructions included with the stamp, are to make a card that has three sections of stamping, that when folded together make a wonderful interactive card.  This time I only wanted to make a one-layer card, to show the entire scene on the front of the card.

After coloring with my Copic markers, I trimmed around the entire image and added a border of red card stock and trimmed again. I added dimension to the sign on the easel with Joy! Foam Pads- Large, and even more dimension with some clear adhesive on the sign, balloons, and flower pot.
I embossed a rectangle of kraft colored stock with the Bricks and Bark M-Bossabilities by Spellbinders, and attached it to the front of my card.  I then adhered the picnic scene to the card front to complete my card.

I hope you enjoy our sample cards this week, and will enter one of your own creations to our challenge.  Happy Stamping!

2 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous, Mindy!! I love the beautiful scene!! You colored it perfectly!! What a fabulous card this is!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Like how you made it into a picnic theme. The red outline nicely makes the card pop!

    ReplyDelete