Thursday, July 30, 2015

Butterfly Collage


I love butterflies, but I think I have mentioned that before.  Mindy with you today with another Butterflies are Free card, celebrating the many butterflies available with the Butterfly Medley stamps and dies from Heartfelt Creations.

I started by stamping the Butterfly Medley stamp Set on card stock and coloring them in with various colors of Distress Markers by Tim Holtz, and then die cutting them with the Butterfly Medley die set also from Heartfelt Creations.  I then used the two larger butterfly dies also included in the die set, and cut three butterflies from watercolor paper that was colored with Ken Oliver Color Bursts pigments.

I then arranged my collage of butterflies on my card front and adhered them with Art Institute Dries Clear Adhesive and Joy! Foam Pads- Large, alternating adhesives to give my card front depth and dimension.  A few Teardrop Bling Pearls were added, along with a banner and saying from my stash, and my card was complete.

Thanks for visiting with me today, I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, Mindy!! I love the pretty butterflies!! The colors are so beautiful!! What a fabulous card this is my friend!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mindy, what a wonderful happy card! I love butterflies,too, and these soaring free flying butterflies are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete