Thursday, July 16, 2015

Bouquet of Roses


Congratulations are in order for this beautiful bouquet of roses, sent with love on this special day.  Mindy with you today to share a card I recently made using a great New die.  When I saw this die available from Memory Box in the Classy Cards 'n Such Online store, I knew I had to have it. Not only are roses my favorite flowers, but there are so many techniques that can be used to color them.

The technique I used on this card, is the filled-in stained glass effect, using the English Rose Bouquet die from Memory Box. I die-cut the bouquet and adhered the outline die to the card front with Art Institute Dries Clear Adhesive and let it dry completely.  I then shaded the interior of the roses with Copic markers and added a layer of clear Diamond Glaze Adhesive.  The glue stays inside the cut out border and dries to a shiny finish.  I also added a touch of color to the embossed leaves.

To finish off the card, I die cut a tag using the Grommet Tags die from Spellbinders, which are now on sale at the Classy Cards Store. I stamped the sentiment from the Keep in Touch, Too Stamp Set from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps.  Some Silver Rock Candy embellishments from Queen and Co. were added along with a ribbon tied in a knot.

Thank you for joining me today for some card inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment