Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Happy Graduation 2013

Happy Graduation 2013!  School is out, and many students are graduating. Now is the time to complete a few of those graduation cards, so they can be sent out in a timely fashion.

I need to send out several cards this year, so I have been trying out a few designs, both for male and female.  Here I am using the little Pure Inocence clear stamp  from My Favorite Things, titled "Freckles." Since I decided to put her in a black graduation robe, I stamped her out on Neneh white card stock in Tuexdo black Memento ink, and drew a robe shape around her and colored over her stamped clothes with the black Copic marker. For her mortarboard, I stamped it from the Lawn Fawn clear stamp set, "Hats Off to You" and also used the sentiment from that set also.

The card itself, is a black A2 size card base and I used a black and cream damask printed paper from the Teresa Collins 6X6 paper pad- "Noel" for the background. I rolled a strip of the cream card stock into a diploma like shape and  tied a tiny black grosgrain ribbon around it, before adhering it to the background.  For the sentiment tag, I cut a circular scalloped die from a piece of the damask background. It was double sided paper, and the other side was red, with a small design on it. I stamped "happy graduation" on a scrap of the cream stock and cut it from a smaller scalloped die. I added three small adhesive pearls below the wording, and then used foam tape between both layers to pop it up to the level of the rolled diploma.

I will be entering this card in the following challenge:
DL Art- Thankful Thursday-May Linky Party Challenge


I hope you are all having a wonderful week. My schedule is all messed up because of the holiday on Monday. My work week is one day shorter, and I always have to stop and think, "Is today Tuesday or Wednesday?   See you again soon, and keep on stampin!

Mindy

4 comments:

  1. Super cute grad card I love your little grad on the page. Love the diploma also.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes May Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ps thanks for linking up to little scrap pieces

    DIANA L.-- LSP DT member
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so adorable, Mindy!! That little grad is so cute!! I love the diploma - what a creative idea!! This is fabulous my friend!! Have a great evening :)

    Hugs, Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, nice diploma! Thanks for joining us over at Little Scrap Pieces! DT Member Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete