Friday, April 12, 2013

Yipes! Stripes!

Yipes! Stripes! A horse in his striped pajamas!  Today's card has been sitting on my desk for several weeks, with no special theme. I had these zebra striped cards from a box of animal print cards by Die Cuts with a View, yet had never used the zebra striped ones. I finally found a wonderful zebra stamp, and stamped it on a white kraft tag a month or so ago with Memento Tuxedo black ink. I used my copic markers to shade around the zebra stamp to give depth, and around the letters on the banner stamp "Bannerific" from Lawn Fawn. I also had a small black accent tag that I decided to use behind the zebra for more umpff!  I cut around part of the zebra's body with my Xacto knife and made a pocket for the tag to fit in, before adhering the white tag to the front of the card.  I then attached my "LOVE" banner below the white tag, and added a strip of numbered washi tape to the tag edge.

Although it doesn't show well in the photo, I adhered a black & red gingham check ribbon tied in a bow, to the small black tag before sticking it in the pocket. I haven't decided what to write on the black tag yet, it is for a dear friend who has a birthday coming up in the next week and a half. I will have to use my white gel pen to write a message on the black tag, so I will have to hunt down the white pen. (I always have trouble finding the white pen, I should buy several and leave them all around the house so I can find one when I need it.) 

I didn't realize it had been so long since my last post. I was busy doing my taxes, and I guess they took longer than I expected. But thank goodness they are done now, and I can get back to my card making and art journaling. I would much rather work on art than taxes!  I hope you all have a great weekend, and aren't stuck indoors doing YOUR taxes at the last minute. I will be stamping and having FUN!  See you again soon.

1 comment:

  1. I love this, Mindy!! That zebra stamp is so awesome!! The way you shaded around it is fabulous!! The gingham ribbon is a perfect touch!! What a beautiful card!! Happy Saturday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete