Sunday, April 28, 2013

Time to Celebrate Mothers



Greetings fellow bloggers! It's time to celebrate our Mothers.  Mother's Day is just two weeks away, and depending on how many Mom's you send cards to, you'd better get started creating so you can get yours in the mail in time for the holiday.  I have this problem, getting cards in the mail in time for the holidays. Even though I think I know how long it takes to get mail to my friends and relatives, something always happens to throw a monkey wrench into my plans. So lets get started on today's card.

This card was made on a 5" X 7" ivory card base. For the background black, I used an A2 card and cut it in half and rounded the corners with my Corner Chomper.  The next layer, the printed paper, was cut to 3" X 41/2" from the Sunshine paper collection by My Minds Eye. It had the beautiful scrolling background with the antique sewing machine and music already printed on it.(I also chomped the corners of this!)  The little girl stamp is from the Pure Innocence "Freckles" stamp set from My Favorite Things. She was stamped on white card stock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, and colored in with my Copic markers. The "Happy Mother's Day" stamp is from the Fiskars Holiday Collection, and was also stamped with Tuxedo Black to match the antique coloring of the sewing machine on the paper.  The scallop border and the "she looked oh so French" border were from the Mixed Media Border Stamp Set from Prima. I attached the scallop border to the top of the black background with a gold 1/8" grosgrain ribbon glued on top. To complete the card, I stamped the phrase on each side of the landscape placement, attached the little freckled girl with foam tape to pop her up just a bit, and used glue dots to adhere three Blu Raspberry buttons from My Favorite Things to the right hand side of the card.

So whether you are sending or giving that "one special lady" a card for Mother's Day, or you have a whole list of  "stand-in Mother's" hand make a beautiful card for them, to show you really care.  They will appreciate it more than you will ever know! And until next time, "Happy Stamping!"

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous, Mindy!! I love the design!! The MME paper you used is so beautiful and the little girl is so sweet!! I love how you stamped the sentiment along the sides!! What a fabulous card my friend!! Have a wonderful evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete