Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Love You Forever

Mindy with you this morning struggling with a masculine card that so many of us have trouble creating.  Our challenge this week on the Classy Cards 'n Such blog is celebrating Father's Day with a card inspired by our terrific photo inspiration.


So many card makers today complain of having trouble creating masculine cards for the men in their lives, and I am one of them. I struggle to keep the flowers and bling to a minimum, and the colors are usually naturals and earth-tones.  After I learned to create scenic cards, it seems I have the best luck using them as cards for gentlemen. I started this card with a background using the Modern Cloud Cover stencil from Memory Box along with my Mini Ink Blending Tool by Ranger and a few Distress ink colors. I also added a few free-handed land masses for trees and a peaceful lake.  I also stamped some pine trees using The Woods stamp from Stacy Stamps to complete the background.

For the pier in the foreground, I used the Rustic Wagon die from Poppystamps cut twice, then removed the wheels for the wooden boards. The frame was die-cut from an Elizabeth Crafts die, then glued to the edges with Dries Clear Adhesive from the Art Institute.  To complete my card, I added a fishing pole, complete with a hand-tied fly from my best friends father.  The sentiment banner was stamped from the Keep in Touch, Too stamp set from Sweet and Sassy.

I hope my card has inspired you to create a masculine themed card for our weekly challenge. I can't wait to see what wonderful cards you create for your Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment