Saturday, January 3, 2015

Bluebird Blessings



Mindy here, with you today sharing a Thinking of You card that can be used any time of the year.

I started by stamping the Birds and Roses stamp from Sweet and Sassy Stamps on white card stock and coloring it in with my Pitt Pens from Faber-Castell. The reason I used the Pitt Pens is they have a very fine point that gets into the tiniest of places when coloring an image. I also stamped the phrase from the same stamp set, Blessings to You on white stock and decorated the edges of it with the same Pitt Pens.  I also die cut the design with the S4- Standard Circles Die- Lg. from Spellbinders.  If you are in need of a Spellbinders die that is not carried in the Classy Cards n' Such Online Store, please email Beverly and she will see about getting it for you.  After I cut the circle, I backed it with a scrap of printed paper that I cut with a Scalloped Circle die. The tag for the sentiment was cut from the Romantic Rectangles die also from Spellbinders.

I then began working with the background of the card.  The base of the card is made from Stardream Fuse Azalea Metallic paper cut to an A 2 size card.  I then had several pieces left over from a previous card made, so I pieced a background like a mosaic. The various pieces were embossed with the Lattice embossing Folder, and Vintage Flowers Embossing Folder both from Crafts Too! I adhered them with double-stick ScorTape to the card front positioning and trimming them to fit the 4" X 5.25" size.  I then attached the image and sentiment with Foam Pads- Lg. to give the card depth and dimension.

I hope you have enjoyed my card, and that you will participate in our Weekly Card Challenges.  They begin on Sundays, with a new theme each week. Be sure to check the link in the right hand margin for more information.  Have a Great Day!

1 comment: