Thursday, January 1, 2015

Abstract Birthday



Hello friends, Mindy here, sharing a card for a masculine birthday with you today.  I have trouble making cards for gentlemen, whether they are family or friends.  I think it is all in my mind, but I am hesitant to begin designing them whenever a birthday is near.  I hope you will enjoy this card, and check out all of the New merchandise available at the Classy Cards n' Such Online Store.

I started by making my A 2 size card base from a half sheet of the amazing So . . . Silk Glamour Green card stock. This paper is so beautiful, and makes such a wonderful card base.  I then looked through my stash of mono and multi-print papers that I pulled from my Gelli Plate by Gelli Arts. I love making this printed paper in my spare time, when not designing cards.  I trim down my pages to fit the A 2 size card so they are ready to use when I want to make a card or project.  I then took a coordinating sheet from the Foil Paper- Textured Patterns 1 paper pack, and cut several squares and rectangles from it.

After adhering these shapes in a pleasing pattern I cut a sheet of the gold, from the same pack, with the Flower Vine die cut from Anna Griffin. I cut this design apart in three pieces and adhered them to the card front. To complete this card, I attached a square of the textured paper with Foam Pads- large from Joy! to add some depth and dimension, and a birthday greeting from the Greeting Set die from Impression Obsession.

I hope you have a wonderful day, full of blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment