Sunday, May 18, 2014

Smile Friends!

Happy Sunday Friends!  Today the weather is beautiful here where I live, and it just makes me want to Smile!  When I saw the stamp of this cute face, I just had to order the set.

The stamp set used today is from Hot Off the Press and is called "Janie's Girls"! I order my Hot Off the Press stamps from PaperWishes.com, and love their clear stamps so much. This set consists of 7 Girl stamps and 11 sayings and embellishments. You will probably be seeing more of these in days to come.  I started this card my stamping my girl on white card stock with tuxedo black Memento ink. I then took my Copic markers and colored in the image.  When it was dry, I took two of my New Color Bloom Sprays from Prima, Soft Teal and Gold Foil, and spritzed the background. Of course I masked off the stamped image before spritzing.  

While the background was drying, I took a sheet of Rosemary and Thyme printed paper from Hot Off the Press and cut out the delicate die frame from Spellbinders (Tranquil Moments). I then attached the images to the card front and attached various colors of sequins with Tombow glue. The sentiment stamp "Smile" was stamped on a small strip of stock and attached with foam squares.

I hope you have a wonderful week ahead, and Smile!, it will help everyone feel better!

2 comments:

  1. Super cute image...awesome use of the sprays...now you have reminded me to use mine, they have been sitting idle for eons...lol...very, very cute.....and I am "smiling" as I write this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable card! love the background!

    ReplyDelete