Thursday, May 22, 2014

Road to a Friends House


The Road to a Friends House is Never Long!  Hello friends, today's card is another using the wonderfully fun "Try" Folds series stamp set from Art Impressions.  "Cottage" is the base for this card, using the house and surroundings as a background image and other add on images to make a country scene.  This week on the Classy Cards 'N Such Challenge #33-Scenic View , I am creating this scene to enter in their card challenge. 

I started by stamping the cottage house, available at the Classy Cards 'N Such Online Store in the center of the card, as the anchor image. From there, I started adding other stamped elements such as the fence, the red wagon, and the chicken family. Info on these images are available below,  I stamped the fence directly on the card base, and then using my Copic markers, started coloring the images. The wagon and chickens were stamped on a separate sheet of card stock, colored, then fussy cut and adhered to the card front with zip strips, and foam tape to give the scene dimension.

After completing the placement of my images, I adhered the card front to an A2 size card base, and tied a length of red sparkle twine to the fold to give the card a little bling. The sentiment is included in the "Cottage" stamp set, and I stamped it on a small scrap of dotted card and adhered to the front of the card.  The stamps I used in the creation of this card were:

Art Impressions: "Cottage" Try Fold set; house, trees, and flowers.
Art Impressions: Try Fold Add-Ons-"Feathers"; chickens
Amuse Artstamps: Fence
Deep Red Rubber: Red Wagon 

I hope you have enjoyed this scenic card, and will use your stamp stash to create a scenic card to send someone today!





1 comment:

  1. This is so beautiful, Mindy!! I love the scene you've created!! It's adorable...especially those chickens!! The coloring is fabulous!! Love this!!

    I hope you are having a great week!! When you get a chance, I would love to know about the class you are taking at My Creative Classroom.com. I couldn't find one that had to do with the Blossom Beauty stamps/dies. I would love to take it...I have my first BB project ready to post for a blog hop this weekend but I'd love to learn more. If you could drop me an email with the info, I would appreciate it (indymermaid(at)gmail(dot)com!! Have a wonderful evening!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete