Monday, March 10, 2014

Hello, My Friend!


My friends over at Winnie & Walter, are announcing their Second stamp and cut-files Release, March 15, 2014. This card was made from two stamp sets from their First Release, The Big, the Bold, and the Happy, and You've Got Love Mail. Their clear stamp sets are made in the USA, and are very good grade polymer.

Also, using a new die I recently ordered, "Howdy" from Die-Versions, I die cut along the folded edge of the card, so when the card was closed, the word Howdy pops up along the spine. When the card is open, it does not show.


By placing the sheet of orange card stock over the punching, I had room to add a strip of pink/brown dotted rick-rack along the edge of the card.  While the card was closed (pictured above) I stamped the heart line right below the flap.  I also stamped the words along the flap edge.  The dove was stamped with Tuxedo black Memento ink, masked, and then stamped the heart image in Love Letters Red Memento ink over the top.  When the mask was removed, it looks as if the dove is carrying the heart.  To bling up the card a little, I used my clear glitter pen to edge each of the letters in Howdy, and along the embossed edge of the front flap. I also outlined the dove and heart with the glitter pen.

Winnie & Walter's Second Release is all about Family, so go check out their blog to see the teasers, and register for their Big Giveaway! Happy Stampin' and have a great week!
Mindy


2 comments:

  1. I love this card, especially the "Howdy" piece! Great design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another wonderful and creative card...very cool design....love how you did the heart and the mask...it does look as if the dove is carrying the heart...great piece of work!!

    ReplyDelete