Monday, September 22, 2014

Christmas Cardinal



It will soon be time to begin decorating for the holidays, So, now is the time to make your holiday cards. This is Mindy, joining you with a cozy little Christmas Cardinal card suitable for your seasons greetings.

I started by die cutting the cute little Right Facing Cardinal from Dee's Distinctively Designs  out of Christmas red card stock. I highlighted the die with dark grey pastels from the Landscape Starter PanPastels set sold in the Classy Cards 'n Such Online Store. After gluing the segments together, I put the little bird aside to dry completely.

Next, I built the card's layered background.  I used a kraft colored A2 card stock base, and adhered a dark brown rectangle cut from the Spellbinders A2 Card Creator Die set called Distressed Edges. Using double-sided Scor-Tape to adhere the layers, I the cut the next layer from my cozy plaid paper sold by Graphic45 with the Decorative Labels Eight die by Spellbinders. I also cut one small oval from the Classic Ovals Set, also by Spellbinders.  Classy Cards carries many different Spellbinders dies, but if there is one you need that you don't see pictured, you can Special Order it by contacting the store.

After chalking the oval, the cardinal and branch were attached with Joy! Foam Pads Large and the entire unit then attached to the card front. The sentiment banner and red plaid paper were from the Graphic45 Twelve Days of Christmas paper pad I had left over from last year at Christmas.

Happy Holidays to One and All!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Mindy, Sorry it's taken me so long to pop over here but I wanted to tell you I love this card. Love the beautiful bird and that plaid is perfect for the card. Really, lovely design! Well done. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mindy, your card is so pretty. I love the plaid and your red bird. I have never used Pan Pastels, but it really looks good on the bird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The red plaid background and cardinal go together great! As you said "Cozy"!
    Joan

    ReplyDelete