Friday, May 6, 2016

You're the Icing on my Cupcake

 We will be celebrating Mother's Day this Sunday, and I want to wish a happy day to all the Mother's out in bloggy land. This Unity Stamp from Angie Blom, titled Cari girl, is included with birthday messages.  But, being the cupcake fan I am, decided this card could be used for Mother's Day.

The main body of the stamp was colored with the Zig Clean Color brush markers. These have such lovely colors that are so bright and cheerful.  I added the message, "you're the icing on my Cupcake" and then used my Wink of Stella clear marker to add sparkle and shine around the sentiment. (sorry it doesn't show well on this picture)

I piled up the icing on the cupcake using a dimensional Pearl Pen, so the icing would look real on the front of the card. The stamped image was then adhered over a scrap of purple card stock run through the Cuttlebug machine and my Fans embossing folder from Crafts Too! I then centered it on my card base and added a bit more sparkle here and there with the Wink of Stella clear glitter pen.

I hope everyone enjoys their day with their Mom's and remembers all the wonderful times spent with this "Special Lady."

No comments:

Post a Comment