Monday, May 2, 2016

April Showers bring May Flowers

Happy May friends!  It has been an entire month since I have made a blog entry.  The month of April was a very trying one to say the least.  Not only was it time to send in the taxes, but the weather has not been kind to Texas.  Our "April showers" were welcome, but the enormous amount and size of hail we received has been off the charts for South Texas.  Hopefully now the "May flowers" will show our beauty, both in our landscape and on our handmade cards.

Today's feature is from one of the stamp sets included in Catherine Pooler's Stamp of Approval box sets.  Her collection of stamps and dies for this set are centered around flowers, the word "You", and Catherine's Geobuilders Stamp Set.  The collection is called, Beautiful World Collection.

I began by using the large You die and centering it on the white panel before running it through my die cut machine. I then stamped the rest of the sentiment, "thinking of " along with the leaf spray and many single flowers. The pink flowers were die cut then colored, before attaching with foam tape to give dimension to the design.  Pearl Stickles were dotted for flower centers and accents around the card before the white panel was attached to the teal card front.

I hope you have a wonderful day, and I am glad to be back on the Web with new blog posts.  See you soon.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love the colors you used. Very nice card. Just keep inspiring me Mindy. Love following your blog and projects.

    Your friend...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie. Your sweet words mean so much to me!

      Delete