Sunday, January 26, 2014

Live, Laugh, and Love


Birthday Greetings, sent to someone special. I created this card for someone special who had a birthday this past week. I began by folding a sheet of printed scrapbook paper from the Ledger Stack Paper pad from DCWV, Die Cuts With a View. I took one of the 6" X 12" sheets and trimmed it to 6" X 8", and then folded it at 3 1/2", leaving approximately 3/4" for the back of the card which I then added a strip of blue and green swirly washi tape.

Then using the Live, Laugh, Love Clear Stamp Set from Oriental Trading Co.stamped the phrase on the front panel using the Memento Rich Cocoa ink. On a separate sheet of white card stock, I stamped the Pure Innocence "Love is in the Air" girl from My Favorite Things and colored her in with Copic markers. I then fussy cut around the figure and stamped a "Happy Birthday" banner, and cut around it, too.  To attach it between her outstretched arms, I cut a tiny slit in each hand and slipped each end of the banner through the slits.  I then cut a slit in the front of the card and slid the little girl image in the opening.

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend. The weather was beautiful here in Texas. Friday, the temperature never rose past the high 30's, yet today it was up in the high 60's.  Sunday it is supposed to be up near 72, bright and sunny.  Monday another Polar Blast will come through and drop the temps down into the 20's and 30's again by Tuesday. Roller Coaster weather here in So. Texas, and they wonder why we are always sick!  Take care, and stay warm.
Mindy

No comments:

Post a Comment